ACART decides its work programme in consultation with the Minister of Health.
Key projects in ACART’s current work programme are:
Review of the:
- Guidelines for the Storage, Use and Disposal of Sperm from a Deceased Man
- Guidelines on extending the storage period of gametes and embryos
- The use of cryopreserved testicular tissue to be stated as an established procedure
Advice to the Minister of Health
Advice to the Minister on (a) guidelines for posthumous reproduction (b) guidelines for extending the storage of gametes and embryos and (c) the use of cryopreserved testicular tissue should be stated as an established procedure.
ACART’s work programme also includes:
- the Annual Report
- liaising with ECART
- monitoring outcomes of assisted reproductive procedures
- monitoring development in human reproductive research
Please refer to the meeting agendas for full information about ACART’s work programme.