This consultation document presents, for public feedback, ACART’s thoughts about the matters that will, or might, need to be addressed in updated guidelines for human reproductive research.
The current guidelines for human reproductive research, titled Guidelines for Research on Gametes and Non-viable Embryos, were published in 2005. It is timely to review these now with a view to providing updated guidelines that still enable society to benefit from developments in ART while reflecting the views and attitudes of the day.
Based on the outcome of this consultation, ACART will develop draft guidelines which will later be the subject of a second round of consultation.
Why your views matter
ACART is interested in hearing public perspectives on:
- the ethical matters associated with research using human gametes and embryos
- what, if any, restrictions should be placed on human reproductive research in Aotearoa New Zealand
- cultural, legal or other matters.
How to have your say
The closing date for feedback is 31 March 2023.
Your feedback can help ACART ensure the updated guidelines for human reproductive research are fit for purpose. ACART welcomes your views on the ethics of human reproductive research.
Please take this opportunity to have your say. You may give feedback on your own behalf or as a member of an organisation. You can contribute your views in any of these ways:
- completing the online form via the Health Consultation Hub(external link)
- emailing a completed feedback form or your comments to email@example.com
- posting a completed feedback form or your comments to:
PO Box 5013